Are You a Breast Augmentation Candidate?
Many women considering breast augmentation with implants want to improve the size, proportions and contour of their bust line. With fuller and more symmetrical breasts the right candidates can enjoy a boost to their sense of femininity and an overall satisfaction with the way they look and feel wearing clothing. Although breast enhancement surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures performed in the united states every year, it is not right for everyone. During your individual consultation, highly trained plastic surgeon Dr. Oren Lerman can help determine if you are a good breast augmentation candidate. Contact his Manhattan practice today to learn more about our cosmetic breast surgeries, and schedule your appointment.
Determining if You Are a Good Candidate
If you are interested in undergoing breast augmentation there are some basic questions you should ask yourself to determine if you are a good candidate. When exploring if this is the right procedure for you, here are some simple guidelines to consider:
- Are you in good overall health?
- Do you want to enhance the size of your breasts?
- Do you have asymmetrical breasts, and want to improve their proportion?
- Did one or both of your breasts fail to fully develop?
- Have you given birth, breast-fed, or lost significant weight and feel that your breasts have lost their volume and shape?
- Are you a healthy woman over the age 18 (for saline implants)?
- Are you a healthy woman over the age 22 (for silicone implants)?
There are other physical and emotional factors that can impact your breast augmentation procedure, recovery times, and outcomes. Some conditions that will postpone your surgery include being pregnant or breastfeeding, having an active infection, or requiring treatment for an existing cancer. At the time of your breast augmentation consultation, you and Dr. Lerman may also discuss:
- Your expectations about the outcome of your surgery
- Your overall health and medical history
- The differences between saline and silicone implants
- Your healing abilities, which may be affected by medications and smoking
- If you have any tendencies towards bleeding or infection
- Whether you have a predisposition to developing capsular contracture, or the hardening of tissue around the implant
- If you have undergone previous breast surgeries
- If a breast lift is needed at the same time as breast augmentation
Dr. Lerman and his staff are dedicated to delivering unparalleled care and truly remarkable results. Discussing this information with our team can protect your health and safety, as well as satisfaction in your surgical outcome.
A Treatment Customized for You
Your customized surgical plan will include choosing a breast implant style, size, type and shape that can best meet your unique aesthetic goals. This carefully chosen implant will be placed using one of a variety of incision locations and placement methods, which will be selected to complement your unique body type and desired outcomes. Dr. Lerman uses traditional round implants as well as the newest shaped or form stable "Gummy Bear" implants that can give a more natural appearing contour. Given this high level of individualization, you can look forward to a procedure that reshapes your silhouette and body image.
Contact Us Today to Learn More
If you are a good candidate for breast augmentation, make sure to seek out only the most qualified and highly trained board certified plastic surgeon to perform your surgery. With his vast surgical experience and artistic eye for detail, Dr. Lerman can create remarkable results that allow you to feel more comfortable and confident with your body. Contact our office and set up an appointment to learn more about your options for breast augmentation.
“The one thing that is most important when we're doing cosmetic surgery and aesthetic surgery of the face or the body is to make sure that the patient is happy afterwards...” Dr. Oren Lerman