Breast Reduction for Improved Comfort and Confidence
Women with full figures are often admired for their voluptuous physiques, but sometimes extremely large or disproportionate breasts can create problems, such as back and neck pain, or self-consciousness. Women coping with the stress and strain of excessively large breasts can turn to Dr. Oren Lerman for a safe and effective breast reduction procedure in the Manhattan area.
By reducing excess breast tissue, breast reduction patients can be relieved of their discomfort, and achieve a more proportionate appearance. If you are interested in a breast reduction, contact us today to schedule your consultation.
Determining Your Candidacy
Breast reduction may be recommended if patients experience pain, discomfort, reduced activity levels, and a compromised sense of self due to their breast size. A breast reduction may be right for you if large breasts cause you to experience:
- Restricted physical or social activities
- Poor posture
- Neck, shoulder, or back pain
- Constant skin irritation beneath your breasts
- One breast that is larger than the other
- Clothes that do not fit well due to a sagging bust line
During your consultation with Dr. Lerman, you will discuss your medical history and current symptoms, and together you can decide if a breast reduction surgery is the most beneficial option for you.
Understanding the Procedure
Since the specifics of any given breast reduction procedure take into account a patient’s health factors and aesthetic goals, each procedure will be slightly different - nonetheless, the general steps of the surgery remain the same. The first step will involve a private consultation with your physician, at which point you will review your candidacy, surgical options, and recovery process. On the day of surgery, anesthesia will be administered, and then an incision will be made around the areola. The exact incision type will depend upon the amount of tissue that needs to be excised. Next, your surgeon will remove the excess skin, fat, and tissue to the pre-determined proportions. The remaining breast tissue is then carefully contoured into an aesthetically pleasing shape, and the incisions are sutured together. A plastic surgeon renowned for his surgical technique and artistic eye, Dr. Lerman is known for creating flattering and natural-looking outcomes for his breast reduction patients.
Your Incision Options
After choosing a reputable surgeon, selecting an incision type is the most important decision that will be made in preparation for your breast reduction procedure. At your consultation, you and Dr. Lerman will review your incision options and choose the one that can best deliver the outcomes you desire. Breast reduction incision types include:
- Around the areola - Due to the amount of tissue excised during a breast reduction, this incision may not be an option for many patients.
- Keyhole incision - This incision encircles the areola, and then extends vertically down to the base of the breast.
- Anchor shaped incision - Similar to the keyhole incision, this incision goes around the areola and runs down to the breast crease, but also includes a horizontal incision along the breast fold.
Reaping the Benefits
Breast reduction patients can enjoy a number of health and cosmetic advantages, such as:
- Pain-free exercising
- Improved posture
- Eliminated chronic discomfort, such as neck and back pain
- Smooth, non-irritated skin around the breast
- Breasts that are proportionate to one another and the overall body shape
- Clothes that are better fitting
- Enhanced body image and self-esteem
Make Your Appointment Today
Find out how comfortably and confidently you can live after a breast reduction surgery. Contact our practice today to schedule your breast reduction consultation.